Chicken stuffed peppers with Cheese
Difficulty: Easy (really!)
This is a very delicious meal, and one that looks impressive but is actually supremely easy to make! If you're looking to impress some friends (or convince your parents you can actually cook), try this one out and watch them all fawn over you.
- 1 large red Pepper
- 2 chicken tenders
- 4 pieces of cheese
- Spices (I use Williams-Sonoma Diavolo Rub)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut out the stem of the pepper and slice it in half longwise
- Slice the pepper in half and remove any excess
- put a slice of cheese in both halves, folding as neccesary, but cover the whole bottom.
- sprinkle your spices in to your liking
- Make a few cuts across the tenders, I like putting shallow (1cm or so) cuts into them length-wise then flipping and doing smaller horizontal cuts as well. This helps absorb the flavors from the spices.
- Lay a piece of cheese over the two halves to seal the chicken in it's delicious cocoon.
- Once the oven is heated, put in the peppers for 20 minutes on the middle rack.
- Once done, cut into the chicken to verify it's done, then enjoy!